Exploring the world from the palm of your hands is possible and it's as simple as downloading some of the apps which can offer that experience. However, there is only one app which can give you the full tour of the world so let's check it out below!
Maps by Google is a free Android app. It often comes preinstalled on Android phones. It can be used to access literally every part of the world by searching for locations or by swiping the map. You can start off by finding your location by clicking the dedicated button.
Search for a location nearby and you will see plenty of information about it: name, website, reviews, working hours, and, of course, directions to go to the location. You can choose to travel the route on foot, in a car, or using city transport with accurate, up-to-date data.
There are several map layers available, including Transit, Traffic, and Bicycling. Each layer is useful for different types of transport. The view of the map can be classic, terrain, or satellite. The latest one uses actual satellite images and it's always to cool to look at your house from way above!
Parts of the map can be downloaded and used offline. Even navigation can be used on offline maps, but only for car drivers. Everything is pretty fast and easy-to-access. This application can be everything you need if you find yourself as a tourist in a foreign city. It's definitely a must-have!
• Free and easy-to-use
• Provides basically everything a tourist needs
• Navigation uses the shortest routes with text and voice instructions
• Different layers and views of the map are very useful
• Google uses up-to-date data for public transport
• All relevant information about a location is available inside the app
• The app changes drastically from time to time and many features get removed